BA in Business Enterprise & Community Development
- This is Year Three of a four year BA (Hons) in Business, in Social Enterprise, Leadership & Management. It is a part-time Distance Learning Programme Accredited by Athlone Institute of Technology.
- You will have the opportunity to develop our interest in the fields of Business, Enterprise & Community Development and to enhance your competencies towards becoming effective administrators, managers or organisers in these areas.
Who is it For
Completion of this programme will be of particular interest to you if you are:
- A Graduate of Equal Ireland’s Higher Certificate in Business, Enterprise & Community Development
- A Graduate of a Comparative Level 6 programme
- An owner/Manager or Sole Trader
- A Community Activist
- An Entrepreneur with a business idea
- A Volunteer in a Community Group or Organisation
Applicants are required to have successfully achieved either:
- The EQUAL Ireland Higher Certificate in Business, Enterprise & Community Development
- A Level 6 Higher Certificate award in a relevant discipline
- Successful completion fo a Recognition of Prior Learinng Portfolio (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning
This method of entry is available to you in the event that you do not have the required formal educational qualifications, but have gained relevant knowledge and experience from work and community involvement etc.
This programme is assessed through an array of continuous applied projects, both group and individual.
What opportunities might it lead to?
This programme prepares graduates for career opportunities in planning, supervision and business development, administration, management and leadership with business, and the social/community enterprise sector. Graduates from this programme will for example enable a graduate to engage in any of the following career options.
Accounts Manager, Business Development, Employment Services, Office Manager, HR Officer
Community Project Officer, Community Development Officer, Supervisor/Manager,Training Coordinator
Team Leader,Youth Worker, Services Administrator, Public Relations Manager, Team Leader
Progression from this programme is to a BA (Hons) in Business, in Social enterprise, Leadership & Management and subsequently to an MA in xxx.
Business Development (10 Credits)
Community Development (15 Credits)
Applied Human Resource Management (10 Credits)
Financial Analysis (5 Credits)
Applied Information & Communication Technology (5 Credits)
Integrated Learning Project (15 Credits)
Programme Delivery & Supports
The programme will be delivered through Workshops held locally or centrally, or through a mixture of both. Engagement is on average two days per month over a 12 month period. An increasing proportion of delivery will be online using our eLearning platform.
Key Learning Supports:
- The EQUAl Ireland Moodle eLearning Platform
- Access to tutor and other support stafff between workshops
- Module Manuals
- Summary Video Presentations
- Organised Study Groups