Essential Skills Certificate (Workplace, Community and Education)
This course is a part-time distance learning programme, designed to provide learners with the opportunity to achieve a 60 Credit Level 6 award via flexible delivery methodologies and incorporating Work and Community based learning. Learners will have the opportunity to explore and develop their interest in the fields of business, enterprise and community development and to enhance their competencies towards becoming effective administrators in these areas.
It has been translated and delivered to learners in Ireland, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Greece and Italy. It is recognised by the International Labour Organisation of the United Nations as meeting the specified needs of Life Long Learning for the EU Workforce in the 21st Century.
A particular objective of EQUAL Ireland is the development of our participants so that they become accomplished self-directed independent learners in the workplace community or higher education.
Any mature applicant demonstrating the essential basic literacy and numeracy skills deemed necessary to succeed on the programme will be eligible for admission
A determination to join the programme and to stick with it
A junior Certificate and/or Leaving Certificate would be an advantage but it is NOT a requirement.
Who is it For
Completion of this programme will be of particular interest to people who are:
- Early School Leavers interested in re-engaging with their education
- Learners who would like to attain a BA (Hons) in Business, Social Enterprise, Leadership and Management
- Community Activists or Workplace Representatives
- Entrepreneurs or Innovators who want to establish a successful private or social enterprise
- Job seekers who would like to work in Business, Enterprise or Community Development
- Learners who would like to progress to other 3rd Level programmes including Equal Irelnad programmes in Business, Enterprise and Community Development
- Volunteers in Community Groups or Organisations whose prospects for employment within these organisations would be enhanced through acquiring this qualification.
Programme Delivery & Supports
Learning to Learn (10 Credits)
Communications (10 Credits)
Everyday Numbers (10Credits)
Introduction to Humanities (10 Credits)
Introduction to Enterprise (10 Credits)
Information Technology (IT) Skills (10 Credits)
Programme Delivery & Supports
The programme will be delivered locally, on the basis of an average attendance of one day per onth, over an 8 month perod as an EQUAL Ireland Workshop convened in a Local Learning Centre.
Key Learning Supports:
- Acquiriing self direced independent learning skills and knowledge
- The EQUAl Ireland Moodle eLearning Platform
- Access to tutor and other support stafff between workshops
- Module Manuals
- Summary Video Presentations
- Organised Study Groups, where appropriate.
NB EQUAL Ireland can tailor the delivery to suit the circumstances of a particular group of learners.