'Working Women' PEIL Project 2017-2020
This project is cofunded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020
The EQUAL Ireland ‘Working Women’ project is funded as part of the Programme for Employment, Inclusion and Learning, (PEIL) 2014-2020 initiative of the Ireland Department of Justice and Equality and the European Social Fund (ESF). www.esf.ie .
The project will recruit 165 women and provide them with a range of training and education interventions with key aims and objectives:
- Building the personal and academic confidence of the participants
- Improving their communication and presentation abilities
- Developing their entrepreneurial skills, especially in the areas of social enterprise and community development
- Encouraging successful job seeking
- Enhancing their involvement with lifelong learning through developing their sills as independent self-directed learners
It is expected that 165 will complete a Learn to Lear Module, 60 will complete the Foundation Certificate, 40 will complete Higher Certificate Level and 40 will complete a Level 7 BA in Business Enterprise and Community Development. Advanced entry to the degree will be provided to least 25 women through a Recognition of Prior Learning Process. All 165 Learners will be provided with a ‘Learning to Learn’ Module. This module serves as a re-introduction to the discipline of learning which in itself serves to build confidence as well as providing a solid foundation from which to move forward.